Basic Bacon SpreadFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Basic bacon Spread shopping list
- By Just Happy on September 29, 2011 shopping list
- 0 Reviews shopping list
- Prep Time: 20 mins shopping list
- Total Time: 3 hrs 20 mins shopping list
- Serves: 30, Yield: 1 batch shopping list
- About This Recipe shopping list
- "Basic bacon spread recipe from Skillet Street Food, by chef Josh Henderson - I have modified the steps and cooking times for personal preferences." shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 lbs smoked bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onions, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Brown bacon in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Stirring often, render out 1 tbsp fat.
- Set aside large skillet.
- Place the 1 tbsp bacon fat into a medium skillet.
- Add onions and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cinegar, sugar pepper and salt.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Place cooked onion mixture into the bacon in the large skillet.
- Cook bacon over low heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until most liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, puree, let cool
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes 2 cups.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!