Gluten Free Vegan Quinoa Coffee CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, rinsed and toasted shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance coconut "butter" or Buttery Stick margarine shopping list
- 3 tbsp water shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar (I used Nature's Agave) or buckwheat honey (for not vegan) shopping list
- 1 (1g) packet vanilla flavoured stevia (optional) shopping list
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance coconut "butter" or Buttery Stick margarine shopping list
- 1 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ener-G egg replacer shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds shopping list
- 3 tbsp warm water shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegan plain yogurt (I used Olympic "Soyogurt") shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chunky unsweetened applesauce (I used homemade) shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- For topping, toss together quinoa flour, brown sugar, red quinoa, coconut and cinnamon to combine.
- Add the Earth Balance and cut in until crumbly, then add the water and mix with your fingertips to form a moist crumb.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9" square pan with parchment.
- Beat together the agave, stevia, Earth Balance and oil together until combined.
- Whisk together the egg replacer, flaxseeds and warm water, then stir into the agave mixture.
- Beat in the yogurt, water and applesauce.
- Add the quinoa flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat in.
- Spread in the pan and pat the topping mixture evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (mine was spot on at 37).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth448 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year183 members