Homemade Potato ChipsFrom jelvenko 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat deep fryer.
- Scrub potatoes. They do not need to be peeled.
- Slice potatoes ultra thin. The thinner the better. I use the slicing side of my grater. If they are too thick the chips won't be crispy.
- Rinse potatoe slices with cold water.
- Drain the potatoes, and try to squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
- Before placing slices into fryer, pat them dry with a clean towel. This will reduce your oil splatter.
- Place potato slices into fryer, about a handful or so at a time.
- Fry for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Give them a toss about halfway through to ensure thorough cooking.
- Pour into a bowl lined with paper towels, or something to absorb the excess grease.
- Salt to taste, and enjoy!
- As an alternative sweet potatoes can be used instead.
The Cookjelvenko Sebring, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!