Spinach And Lentil SoupFrom Kokopelli 1 year ago
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies shopping list
- 1 can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 6 cups hot water shopping list
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot water. Stir in the frozen spinach and stir, breaking it up in the stew as it defrosts. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and green lentils and return to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the lentils and rice are both tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The CookKokopelli Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!