Smoked Cheese And Hungarian Sausage Sicilian Style PizzaFrom phwriter11 4 years ago
- Ingredients you will need : shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Unbleached all-purpose flour, for rolling and dusting shopping list
- 1 Basic pizza dough with Poolish proofed overnight shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated smoked cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup hungarian sausage , sliced, shopping list
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup Quick Melt cheese shopping list
- Basic pizza dough with Poolish* shopping list
- sponge shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp active yeast shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- Mix and let sit until frothy. shopping list
- Dough: shopping list
- 1 sponge recipe shopping list
- 3 cup bread flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup warm milk shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare dough in advance. Mix flour and sponge. Gradually add warm milk,oil and salt. Stir well until combined and uniformly moistened.The dough will be quite wet; no kneading is necessary.Loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let rise for 2 hours at room temperature. Stretch and fold for another 10 minutes. Refrigerate the dough, loosely covered, for at least 3 hours to over night before using for better dough flavor.
- In a large heavy skillet, saute the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is softened, 3 to 4 minutes in medium heat. Crumble in 300 g minced beef and add 1/2 cup sliced button mushroom. Cook covered until the meat has lost its pink color and the filling is moist, but not liquid, about 12 minutes. The meat should be soft like meatloaf. Reserve half of sauteed meat as topping. Continue cooking. Pour tomato sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add favorite herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- PreHeat oven to 500 degrees F.
- While the oven heats, generously flour the dough and then stretch and tuck it under itself, giving it quarter turns as you form a ball of dough with a smooth top. Let dough rest on the work surface, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Now prepping the topping ingredients is easy. Grated smoked cheese,set aside. Slice thinly hungarian sausage, bell pepper, and onions. Set aside. Dice 1/2 cup Quick Melt Cheese, set aside. Any leftover topping? Keep for next pizza or calzone See Photo.
- Once the dough has rested, very lightly flour your work surface and lay your dough ball in the center of the floured area. Divide dough into two balls (kept one in freezer covered and wrapped for future use).
- Continue with pizza making. Press and stretch the dough into a rough circle about 12 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick. Flip the dough, scrape to detach and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil on a round pan and transfer the stretched dough to the pan , try to press the dough all the way out to the corners. Using the back of a large spoon, spread the tomato sauce onto the stretched dough, leaving about a 1/2- inch border. Distribute and assemble the topping ingredients : Minced beef , mushroom, sausage, bell pepper,onions, smoked cheese and quick melt cheese. ( I almost forgot to drizzle olive oil on the pizza before finally putting in the oven.)
- Bake until the crust is nicely browned and crisp and the cheese is bubbly, about 8-10 minutes at 500F. Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes before cutting it with a pizza wheel, kitchen shears, or a chef’s knife. See Photo
The Cookphwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- Not added to any groups yet!