Valentine Left Over Candy CakeFrom dragonflylady13 1 year ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Set aside.
- Place chocolates in a glass microwavable bowl. Heat in microwave for approximately 20 seconds, then stir. If mixture is still thick, heat 10-15 seconds more.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the cake batter and stir. Chocolate mixture will clump up slightly in the cake batter. That's ok. Make sure it is evenly spread throughout the cake batter.
- Grease and flour your cake pan. Do a good job because the caramel in the batter will stick to the pan otherwise. Pour cake batter in pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- After removing the cake from the oven, immediately flip out onto a baking sheet. (I have a cake cutter, so I usually cut the top off the cake to make it nice and even)
- Reheat remaining chocolate mixture until it is smooth and spreadable again. (do not overheat. It will burn easily. 10-15 seconds at a time is good) Pour mixture over cake and spread evenly. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Prepare meringue and spread all over cake. Sprinkle with crushed pecans. Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until peaks are slightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
- To prepare meringue: In a medium sized mixing bowl, whip egg whites and rum extract until stiff peaks form. Slowly add sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Meringue should hold it's shape.
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!