The Ultimate French ToastFrom PromiscuousChristianLady 3 years ago
- 1 Red Delicious apple shopping list
- brie cheese shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Slices of bread shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/8 Cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp nutmeg shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- butter shopping list
- Optional: whipping cream/ Confectioner's sugar/honey/syrup shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Remove peel and slice your apple of choice.
- 2. Add a tablespoon of butter to a pan on medium heat, when bubbling, sprinkle with brown sugar and place apple slices on top, sprinkling more sugar on top, along with cinnamon. Leave for a minute on each side to caramelize the sugar and soften apples.
- 3. Combine your eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and a dash of salt in a bowl and gently whip until mixed.
- 4. Butter each slice of bread, place the brie and softened apples on one side, sprinkle again with cinnamon. Put the two slices together again.
- 5. Add butter to your pan, dip the sandwich into the egg mixture, soaking each side thoroughly. Place in pan, once butter is bubbling. Fry for 4 minutes on each side on a low heat setting until sides are browned.
- 6. Remove from pan and top with honey, syrup, whipping cream, apples - whatever pleases you!
The CookPromiscuousChristianLady Herne Bay, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!