Tomato Lentil SoupFrom midgelet 2 months ago
- 1, lb dried lentils, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1, 24 oz favorite tomato or pasta sauce, shopping list
- 2, 24 oz empty jars filled with broth or water or as desired for thickness shopping list
- 12 oz chunky salsa- we like mild shopping list
- 1 large bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped each: shopping list
- carrots, onions, celery shopping list
- 1 small dried chiptotle chili shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place all in a crock pot and cook low until everything is tender.
- If soup is too thick, add more liquid if desired or simply serve thick
- Note: serve with a side bread and a side salad for a wonderful lunch or light dinner.