Chipotle-glazed Roast Chicken With Sweet PotatoesFrom jena 1 year ago
- 2 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced OR 6 tbls adobo mexican paste shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced OR 3 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus additional to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into two thin breast pieces and quartered shopping list
- cashews and/or peanuts with mexican spices shopping list
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and scatter on the bottom of a roasting pan or cake pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chilies, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon to make a paste.
- Rub the paste evenly over each breast.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the sweet potatoes and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro if desired.
The Cookjena MN
- Not added to any groups yet!