Black Rice BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
How to make it
- 1 cup raw rice : 2 cups cold water in a saucepan
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 35 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pot to sit for 15 minutes. Do not stir.
- Fluff the rice with a form to separate the grains and serve.
- Combine the flour, yeast and stevia in the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, water, coconut extract and soy sauce and knead for 12 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Gently but thoroughly knead in the rice.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rest for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into a tight sausage and place in a greased 9x5" loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Bake loaf for 45-50 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Cool completely before cutting. See Photo
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!