Warm Lentil-and-potato SaladFrom cjbarash 1 year ago
- 1/2 cup dried French green lentils (traditional brown lentils turn soft) shopping list
- 5-6 small red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 6-7 asparagus spears, quartered shopping list
- 5 turkey bacon slices shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil + a splash shopping list
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 celery rib, finely sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Bring lentils and 4 cups salted water to a boil in a heavy 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes and asparagus in boiling salted water to cover for 15 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain lentils and potatoes.
- Splash a bit of olive oil into a large, deep nonstick skillet and cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels (leave drippings in skillet)
- Crumble bacon.
- Add 3 Tbsp. olive oil to hot drippings in skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Saute shallots, celery and garlic in hot olive oil mixture 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard.
- Stir vinegar mixture into shallot mixture.
- Gently stir in lentils, potatoes, bacon and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.