Fettuccine With Pork, Greens, And BeansFrom PongoUSA 2 years ago
- 1 1/8 kg boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt) shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves, 4 halved, 4 finely chopped shopping list
- 2 teasp. kosher salt plus more shopping list
- 1 cup Torn 1-inch pieces day-old crusty white bread shopping list
- 6 tablesp. olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 tablesp. Finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tablesp. Finely grated orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 cup Finely grated Parmesan, divided, plus more shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 bunches turnip greens or kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped, or other greens, like chard shopping list
- 450 grams fettuccine shopping list
How to make it
- Place pork in a large roasting pan. Using a paring knife, make 8 evenly spaced slits in pork; slide 1 garlic clove half into each. Season pork with 2 teaspoons salt, cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Preheat oven to 325°. Uncover pork and roast until very tender, 3 1/2-4 hours. Let cool. Shred pork and set aside.
- Pulse bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add one slivered clove garlic, lemon and orange zests and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer citrus breadcrumbs to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool.
- Bring beans, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors meld, 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans with their cooking liquid and reserved pork.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in another large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Add pasta and 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid to greens. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring; add more pasta cooking liquid as needed until sauce coats pasta. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan. Top with read-crumbs and more Parmesan. DO AHEAD: Pork can be roasted and shredded 2 days ahead. Cover; chill. Citrus breadcrumbs can be made 1 day ahead; store airtight at room temperature.
- NUTRITIONAL iFORMATION 8 servings
- 1 serving contains: Calories (kcal) 660 Fat (g )27 Saturated Fat (g) 8 Cholesterol (mg) 95 Carbohydrates (g) 63 Dietary Fiber (g) 6 Total Sugars (g) 3 Protein (g) 43 Sodium (mg) 760