Stew Chicken Legs With Chinese Mushroom And CarrotsFrom dennon 1 year ago
- 400 to 500g of chicken legs. Chop off the nails. shopping list
- 2 carrots cut in small cubes shopping list
- 13 Chinese DRY mushrooms - Soaked in hot water shopping list
- 1 Whole garlic - Washed clean shopping list
- 300ml of chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1 Stick of cinnamon shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of corn flour diluted with water shopping list
- 1 Large chili - chopped fine. shopping list
- 2 Tsp of cooking oil shopping list
- 2 Dash of white pepper shopping list
- 4 Tbsp of light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tsp of sesame oil (Roasted) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce shopping list
- 3 to 6 Tbsp of dark soy sauce or caramel sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp of chinese rice wine or white wine shopping list
- 2 - 3 Dried shallots - finely chipped shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic - finely chopped shopping list
- 3 pieces of star anise shopping list
- 2 Tsp of ginger (Young) - Finely Chopped. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Denails the chicken legs by chopping it off with a large kitchen knife.
- Make sure you wash the chicken legs thoroughly and cut off any yellow looking skin.
- 2. Soak the Chinese mushroom in hot water (half cup) until both side is soft. The colour of the skin will turn darker about 45 mins to 1 hour. Cut off the mushroom stalk once the mushroom are soft. Keep the mushroom water.
- 3. Place the legs into a Zip Lock or seal bag together with the Marinade Mixture. Marinade it at least 1 hour (I had mine overnight).
- 4. Mix all the ingredients Sauce A in a bowl to make a thick paste.
- 5. Prepare all the ingredients in Seasoning and place them in a small plate.
- 1. Thermal Magic Cooker or Steel Pot or Medium size wok.
- 1. Heat up the oil in medium heat and put in the Seasoning. Stir fry until fragrant.
- 2. Add chicken legs and chili. Stir fry for about 3 minutes in medium high heat.
- 3. Pour in Sauce A, chicken broth, mushroom water, mushroom, carrots and mix it up nicely. Turn up to High heat.
- 4. Make sure the water covers up the chicken legs if not, add a bit of water .
- 5. Simmer for 20 minutes or until it starts to boil. Stir occasionally but gently.
- 6. Mix in the diluted Corn Flour and crushed Cinnamon stick. Cook for another 20 minutes for it to thicken up.
- 7. Pour and serve hot.
Thermal Magic Cooker
- 7. Once it is boiling, transfer the pot into the Thermal Magic Cooker and let it cook for another 30 minutes. For best results, I let it cook for another 8 hours or overnight. The texture will be very soft and yummy.
- 7. put on HIGH for at least 2 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- dennon Subang Jaya, Malaysia
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdennon Subang Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!