Spaghetti Timbales with TunaFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- 1 tbs olive oil + 2 tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, minced shopping list
- 2 ribs of inner celery, minced shopping list
- 1/2 sweet red bell pepper, peeled and minced shopping list
- 4 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 oz organic spaghetti, broken in 3-4 pieces shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta shopping list
- 1/2 cup organic sharp white chedder, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano, grated shopping list
- 1 cage free egg shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 7 oz solid light tuna packed in olive oil, drained (Italian preferred) shopping list
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 1/2 panko breadbrumbs, seasoned with sea salt and dried parsley, mixed with 2 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- garnish: fresh tomato slices, fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- equipment: nonstick mini cheesecake tin w/removable bottom or regular muffin tin shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meatime, heat oil and butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, mushrooms and bell pepper and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain well. Add to sauteed mixture. Add all the cheeses and mix lightly. In large bowl lightly whisk the egg. Add to the pasta mixture. Put tuna into a bowl and break it up with a fork. Lastly fold in the tuna and green onion into pasta.
- Lightly grease tin. Place approx. 1 tbsp of panko mixture on bottom of each and press down with bottom of a shot glass. Fill each with tuna spaghetti, pressing down lightly.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 F for 15-20 minutes. Unmold, garnish and serve warm.