Cottage Pie not Shepherd's PieFrom fewls 3 years ago
- 2 large baking potatoes shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- ¼ cup of milk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped with the mini chopper until very fine shopping list
- 1 small can of mushrooms shopping list
- 1 small can of canned vegetables (any veggie that your family likes) shopping list
- ½ lb of ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 can of beef broth, save remaining broth in a baggy in the freezer shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of Wondra, mixed in 4 tablespoons of water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450º
- Peel and cook potatoes until tender. Mash with butter and milk.
- No need to use salt but you might wish to add pepper to the potatoes.
- Heat the butter and oil until hot, add the onions, cook for about 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, a pinch of salt and pepper to the oil and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, crumble with a fork and cook until no pink is left. Add ½ of the canned vegetable, stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add the beef broth and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the flour/water mixture and cook until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Line the casserole dish with ¾ of the mashed potatoes, reserving the remainder for the topping.
- Pour the meat mixture into the casserole dish.
- Using the spatula, scrape the remainder of the potatoes all around the casserole dish, creating a sealed edge and leaving a circle in the center of the casserole.
- Place the remainder of the vegetable over the exposed meat in the center of the casserole.
- Place the casserole on a flat pan to prevent dripping.
- Bake in the 450º oven for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are lightly browned and the casserole bubbling.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!