Fettucine AlfredoFrom fewls 3 years ago
- 1 pound fettuccine shopping list
- 1 T plus 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 T unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c. finely chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 c. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water and 1 tablespoon of the salt to a boil.
- Add the pasta.
- Return to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, stirring occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the volume is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of salt and the pepper, and stir well.
- Drain pasta in a colander; return to large pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Add the cheese and toss to coat.
- Add the parsley and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!