Shrimp In The Scampi StyleFrom fewls 2 years ago
- 3 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 7 cloves of garlic crushed shopping list
- ¾ c extra virgin oil shopping list
- 2 lbs large shrimp shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 T fresh lemon juice shopping list
- ½ c chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- ¾ c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 c of a good dry white wine (what you don't use, you can drink with the meal) shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 6 T unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine shallots, 5 garlic cloves and 2 T olive oil in a food processor. Make a smooth paste.
- Pour 6 T olive oil and remaining garlic into a large skillet over medium high heat. Let sizzle for a minute, add half of the shrimp. Thyme and ½ tsp salt until seared but not entirely cooked 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate and continue with remainder of shrimp and ½ tsp salt. Remove to plate with the thyme.
- Add remaining 4 T oil and the garlic-shallot paste over medium heat; cook stirring constantly until paste has dried out and begun to stick 2-3 minutes. Return thyme to skillet; pour in wine, lemon juice, 1 ½ tsp salt, 4 T butter and 1 c water. Bring to a rapid boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining butter and return shrimp to pan. Cook and toss for 2-3 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- This can be served over pasta (linguine, spaghetti, etc) or served by itself.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!