Mascarpone Pound CakeFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1 lb container - 454 gms of mascarpone cheese bring to room temperature shopping list
- 500 grams flour ( about 3 cups ) shopping list
- 500 grams whiite sugar ( about 2 cups ) shopping list
- 6 eggs room temperature shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond flavor shopping list
- optional: grated orange or lemon zest shopping list
- optional: some fresh berries to mix in: blueberries, raspberries, chopped bing cherries etc. shopping list
How to make it
- In a stand mixer or with a hand held mixer, beat at medium high speed for about 3 minutes the cheese, sugar , vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together
- Gradually add the flour mix to the creamed mixture until well mixed at medium speed.
- Batter will be thick.
- Pour into desired pans where batter fills pan 1/2 full, - loaf pans, or a large 10 inch springform pan , large bundt pan, etc.
- Bake in a 350F oven until a wooden toothick pick comes out clean in center.
- Timing varies with pan size
- May cover top with foil if browning to quickly
- Cool on a rack, remove from pan after 15 minutes
- Note: mine was baked in a deep 10 inch springform pan for about 90 minutes and had a nice typical crack