Cinnamon SconesFrom fewls 2 years ago
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup cold butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- cinnamon sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with buttermilk; add to flour mixture folding just until mixture clings together (the key to a tender scone is to avoid over mixing the dough).
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and with floured hands pat into a 12-inch circle.
- Spread with the 3 tablespoons of softened butter.
- Mix brown sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle all over the butter.
- Roll dough from the outer edge (all the way around) towards the middle (you will end up with a ball of dough).
- Turn dough over on the floured board and pat into an approx 8-inch circle that is about an inch thick.
- With a large sharp knife, cut into 6 – 8 wedges.
- Place in a square baking pan or cookie sheet
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with lots of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!