Chicken CacciatoreFrom pluto 2 years ago
- 1. 6 chicken thighs shopping list
- 2. 2 chicken breasts with skin and backbone, halved crosswise shopping list
- 3. 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste shopping list
- 4. 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste shopping list
- 5. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging shopping list
- 6. 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 7. 1 large red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 8. 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 9. 5 large white mushrooms sliced. shopping list
- 10. 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 11. 3/4 cup dry white wine or rice vinegar or Merin shopping list
- 12. 1 ( 28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 13. 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 14. 3 tablespoons drained capers shopping list
- 15. 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 16. 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.
- 2. In a large heavy sauté pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and sauté just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, sauté it in 2 batches.
- 3. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the same pan and sauté over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- 5. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes for the breast pieces, and 20 minutes for the thighs.
- 6. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the basil and serve.
The Cookpluto Markham, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!