Moist Dark Chocolate Cake With Pistachio And Chocolate GanacheFrom phwriter11 3 years ago
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 c milk or 1 c sour cream milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 c wash sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ c oil ( I used 1/3 c vegetable oil + ¼ olive oil) shopping list
- ½ c hot espresso coffee ( 2 tbsp instant coffee +1/2 c hot water) shopping list
- 2 eggs ( 1 egg + 1 tsp vinegar ) shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- [Filling and Frosting] shopping list
- 1 pack unflavored gelatin dissolved in ¼ c hot water shopping list
- 1½ c confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules shopping list
- ¼ c warm milk shopping list
- ½ c heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 100 g dark chocolate shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, coarsely crushed shopping list
How to make it
- HOW TO MAKE THE CAKE
- 1. Preheat oven 350F. Grease and lightly flour 9-inch cake pan.
- 2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. In a mug, microwave chocolate for 1 min or until slightly melted. Add hot espresso and stir until chocolate dissolves. Set aside.
- 4. In another bowl, whisk together sugar and egg. Pour in oil, vinegar, vanilla and chocolate- coffee mixture.
- 5. Gradually add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture. Continue whisking until combined.
- 6. Beat all together. This will be very thin. Pour in greased baking pan.
- 7. Bake 30 minutes at 350F. DO NOT OVERBAKE OR IT WILL NOT HAVE THAT WONDERFUL MOISTNESS. See Photo
- 8. When cake is completely cooled, frost with your favorite buttercream or icing.
- [Filling and Frosting]
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in hot water. Mix warm milk and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix ¼ cream and ½ c sugar until blended. Add instant coffee, cocoa powder and continue whisking until smooth. Add gelatin mix and whisk until smooth and no lumps. Set aside.
- On a bain-marie, melt 100g dark chocolate and butter. Add the remaining 1/4 c cream and continue stirring until smooth and blended. Pour chocolate mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Gradually add remaining 1 cup confectioner’s sugar. Continue whisking until smooth. Add coffee-chocolate-gelatin mix and continue whisking until icing is creamy. You can use this as filling and frosting. See Photo
- [TO FROST CAKE]
- Slice cake into two layers. Pour and spread chocolate filling on bottom layer. Put top layer and continue frosting using spatula. Sprinkle pistachio nuts and drizzle top with chocolate. Put in fridge to set. See Photo
The Cookphwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- Not added to any groups yet!