Garlic Lemon Chicken ThighsFrom sitbynellie 3 years ago
- 4 cloves garlic (or more, if you like), minced shopping list
- ½ onion, finely chopped shopping list
- some chestnut mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1-2 tbsps. whole-grain mustard shopping list
- 6 large chicken thighs, excess skin and fat trimmed off shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Italian-style dried herb mix shopping list
- roughly 1 pint of cold chicken stock, preferably home-made and concentrated (taste your stock before adding, to determine how much salt to add later) shopping list
- 1 lemon, halved and squeezed shopping list
- salt shopping list
- a little black pepper (about ⅛ tsp.) shopping list
- a good dash of lemon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C).
- Scatter garlic, onions, mustard and mushrooms in a rectangular baking dish, about 9 x 13".
- Place chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with the dried herbs.
- Pour the cold chicken stock on top. Mine was cold so it was in a jelly-like state – I just smooshed it over the top, and used a spoon to push stock in between the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over everything.
- Sprinkle with the salt and peppers.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until done (internal temperature should be 165°F/75°C minimum).
- Serve with plain boiled white rice, and vegetables of choice.
The Cooksitbynellie Glasgow, GB
Cooking Chicken203 members
Low GI/Diabetic Diet35 members
Low Carb113 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
Our Daily Dinner869 members
Chicken Please145 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Recipes By You106 members
Undercover Veggies49 members