Garlic Scape PestoFrom doreenfish 2 years ago
- 10 large garlic scapes...remove the bud looking thing at the top shopping list
- wash well and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (or u can use slivered almonds or pistachios) shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Process scapes, nuts, s/p and cheese in a food processor. With motor running slowly add olive oil until it mixes to the consistency u like. taste and adjust s/p
- We love this tossed with pasta or spread pesto over a 10 inch tortilla , spread sliced tomatoes on top, sprinkle with a handful of cheese and bake until bubbly. Also , when you toss it with pasta, after u have cooked your pasta save some of the pasta water, mix a little with the pesto and toss in your pasta. Delicious!!
- *This keeps for a week in the fridge or a month in the freezer.
- Can be doubled or tripled
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!