Coconut CaramelsFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
How to make it
- Line an 8" pan with parchment and sprinkle with the coconut.Set aside.
- In a small pot warm the coconut milk, corn syrup, salt and ginger until steaming, stirring until smooth. Keep warm.
- In a large pot, cook the sugar with the water, without stirring, until it registers 230F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the hot coconut milk mixture and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 260F.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into the lined pan.
- Let set 8 hours before cutting and wrapping (depending on the heat/humidity, you may find it easiest to chill these first).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth447 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Dairy Free110 members
Gifts And Mixes228 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members