Hooter's Hot WingsFrom DFen911 3 years ago
- 20 each chicken wings shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour -- Sifted shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp paprika shopping list
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- ½ cup hot sauce shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Coat chicken in the flour mixture - refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour coat chicken again with remaining mixture.
- In a 2-quart sauce pan, heat butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder just until the butter melts. Turn heat to lowest setting and keep warm.
- Deep fry wings (8-10) at a time in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes. (You can do this in a fry pan if you have one deep enough and so long as the sides are straight up, not sloped)
- Drain chicken on paper bags. (yes bags not towels. The hot oil will make the chicken stick to the towels.)
- Immediately toss wings with the hot sauce mixture.