Spicy Shredded Root PickleFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 lb carrots, coarsely grated shopping list
- ½ lb radishes (any kind), coarsely grated shopping list
- 2 tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 cups white vinegar shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ tbsp whole peppercorns shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- ⅓ cup minced fresh ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Combine carrots, radishes and salt in a colander. Let stand 2-3 hours, then rinse and squeeze dry. Set aside.
- Bring the remaining ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the shredded carrots and radishes and bring back to a boil, stirring.
- Spoon into ½ pint jars, seal and process in a waterbath for 15 minutes.
- Allow to infuse for 1 week before enjoying.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Dairy Free110 members