Lemongrass Tofu Banh MiFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 (350g) pkg extra-firm tofu, drained shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 5 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari) shopping list
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp pureed lemongrass (like Gourmet Garden) shopping list
- 1 tbsp coconut oil shopping list
- 4 demi-baguettes (or 2 regular baguettes, halved crosswise), sliced in half shopping list
- 4 tbsp Veganaise shopping list
- 2 tsp Sriracha (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 cup pickle.html">Spicy Shredded Root pickle shopping list
- Thinly sliced cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes and chopped cilantro to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap tofu in a clean tea towel and press under a heavy weight for 1 hour.
- Slice crosswise into ¼” pieces and set aside.
- In a large plastic bag or a shallow glass baking dish, combine the remaining ingredients and shake to distribute well.
- Add the tofu, seal the bag and gently distribute the pieces through the marinade (try to get them in one layer).
- Let marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Drain the marinade and blot tofu dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the tofu in one layer (you will likely need to do this in batches).
- Cook the tofu until both sides are golden brown with a nice firm crust.
- Toast the baguette until golden.
- Combine the mayonnaise and Sriracha and spread evenly onto one half of each sandwich.
- Layer with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and tofu.
- Top with Spicy Shredded Root Pickle and cilantro to taste.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Dairy Free110 members
Garden Harvest90 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Consume Those Beans78 members
What Can I Do With It21 members