Bread And Butter PicklesFrom twill10 3 years ago
- bread and butter pickles shopping list
- Recipe courtesy Andrew Donovan, The Brine and Bottle shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 3 pounds pickling cucumbers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt shopping list
- ice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons whole yellow mustard seed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the cucumbers 1/4-inch thick by hand or on a mandolin into large mixing bowl. Toss the cucumbers with the pickling salt and cover with a thin layer of ice. Set aside for 4 hours.
- Drain, rinse and drain the cucumbers again. Toss the drained cucumbers with the mustard seed and crushed red pepper. Transfer to a storage container, leaving enough room for the brine.
- Make the brine by combining the vinegar, 4 cups water, the sugar and turmeric in a nonreactive saucepot. Brine to a boil and pour over the cucumbers. Let cool to room temperature before storing in a refrigerator for 3 weeks before using.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!