Italian Turkey Meatballs (with A Secret)From jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs shopping list
- 4 whole grain waffles, well toasted (or 4 slices toasted bread) shopping list
- ¼ cup vital wheat gluten flour shopping list
- 1 (19-oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 small red pepper, chopped roughly shopping list
- 3 sun-dried tomato halves, drained shopping list
- 3 tbsp green peas, thawed if frozen shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 clove minced garlic shopping list
- ½ tsp fennel seed shopping list
- 1 tbsp Italian herb blend shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 kg ground turkey breast shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, combine the breadcrumbs, waffles and flour. Process until finely ground, then pour into a bowl.
- Add the beans, pepper, tomatoes, peas, eggs and seasonings to the processor (no need to clean) and process until completely pureed.
- Add the breadcrumb mixture and puree in.
- Place the ground meat in a bowl and add the food processor mixture. Combine thoroughly with a spatula.
- Scrape into a plastic zip-top bag and chill 1 hour. See Photo
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line 3-4 baking sheets with parchment.
- Cut one corner off the plastic bag and pipe balls (about 1” in size) onto the sheets.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes, until no longer pink inside.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Original Recipes143 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
Garden Harvest90 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members