Exotic Apple - Pear ButterFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 3 large pears, cored (no need to peel) shopping list
- 4 large apples, cored (no need to peel) shopping list
- 2 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 tsp sumac shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- ¼ tsp cardamom shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor or with a box grater, grate the fruit coarsely. Transfer to a large pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except vanilla and lemon juice), cover and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes, until fruit is completely softened.
- With an immersion blender or in the food processor (no need to clean), puree until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours - until thick and spreadable.
- If canning, stir in the lemon juice, spoon into sterilized jars and process in a waterbath for 30 minutes. If not, cool to room temperature, then scoop into a covered container and refrigerate (up to 2 weeks) or freeze (up to 6 months).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods770 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members