Roast Chicken With StuffingFrom jeef_boner 7 months ago
- 1 chicken - free range and/or corn fed if you want to be nice shopping list
- 1+1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup panko style breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup couscous shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- Bunch fresh sage or 2tsp dried shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- salt n pepper to taste shopping list
- Dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 fresh chilli optional, finely sliced shopping list
How to make it
- 1 sweat off diced onion in a little butter, or olive oil for the unsaturated out there, until softened a little
- 2 prepare couscous by covering in boiling water or chicken stock for extra depth and leaving it to absorb
- 3 add onion and couscous to a mixing bowl big enough to host them, and add panko, sage, garlic and egg. Add the worcestershire sauce at this point if you didn't use stock in the couscous
- 4 Mix, adding just enough milk to bind the mixture, you don't want it wet
- 5 salt/pepper to taste, adding chilli if you want a kick
- Wash chicken, pat dry and stuff cavity with mix. If extra mix loosen skin over breast meat and stuff there too. Use toothpicks to secure if you want. Rub salt / ground white pepper though chicken skin.
- Cover with oiled foil (it won't stick) or, preferably, use a roasting bag.
- Cook as per instructions - 30 minutes per pound, plus 30 overall, plus 40 because the bird is now stuffed and no air circulates in the cavity!
- Remember to let chook rest for at least ten minutes before carving.
- Tip: before removing chook from oven slash the bottom of the roasting bag to collect juices for a delicious gravy!
- Second tip: take the breast off whole and slice into thick pieces instead of trying to carve it on the bird!
The Cookjeef_boner Auckland, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!