The Best Buttery Dinner Rolls Ever!!From anniek39 2 years ago
- 3/4 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter (4 Tbsp.) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F.) shopping list
- 2 pkgs. of active dry yeast (4 and 1/2 tsp.)-not rapid rise shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups of bread flour (Separate into 2 cups and 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Measure the milk in a pyrex cup and place in the microwave for 1 minute- (at high altitude, this took 1 minute 30 seconds in my microwave) Watch it, as soon as it starts to boil and climb the sides--stop and remove the milk.
- Add the butter, sugar & salt to the scalded milk, mix and set aside to cool to lukewarm. I used a kitchen thermometer to make sure it was 110 degrees.
- Add the 1/2 cup of warm water 110 degrees, yeast and 1 tsp. of sugar to a bowl. Proof for 10 minutes.
- Cool milk to lukewarm, (110), add to yeast mixture and add 2 cups of flour.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to flour mixture.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time-mixing after each addition. When making dough, add flour slowly so you don't add too much flour. You may not need all the flour. I had about 1/4 cup left over.
- Dump the dough onto a kneading mat and lightly knead dough to pull the dough together. The dough will be smooth and a little tacky. Shape into a ball.
- Place in an oiled bowl to rise 30 minutes. Cover the bowl with a cloth.
- For rising-use your microwave. Heat a cup of water to steam up the microwave-remove the cup and place the bowl of dough in there to rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make dinner rolls, first divide dough in 1/3'rds. Then, divide dough into 18 pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. Place on a 13x18 inch parchment lined cookie sheet. Makes 18 dinner rolls. Cover and let rise 30 min.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until browned. 375 for high altitude
- If you make hamburger buns they will take around 20-25 minutes.
The Cookanniek39 Buffalo, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!