Even Sluttier Slutty BrowniesFrom anniek39 3 years ago
- For the brownie layer shopping list
- 1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix, prepared and unbaked OR shopping list
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- For the Oreo layer shopping list
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) package Oreo cookies (my pan fit 16) shopping list
- For the caramel layer shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce) jar dulce de leche shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel shopping list
- For the chocolate chip cookie layer shopping list
- 1 (18 ounce) roll ready-made refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, OR shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp) shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan (I used a Pyrex pan) with tin foil and then spray the foil liberally with baking spray.
- Make the brownie layer per box instructions (without baking) OR: In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and remove from the heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs to the batter and then whisk until combined. In a separate bowl, sift the flour and then slowly incorporate the flour into the batter until it's all mixed. Set the batter aside.
- If making your own cookie dough: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as you go. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and then set aside.
- Start by gently pressing the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan, making sure to create an even layer. (I found it helpful to use the back of a 1-cup measure cup.).
- Then add a layer of Oreos on top of the cookie dough. Nudge them as close together as possible without overlapping.
- Get ready for the gluttony: Remove the lid on the caramel sauce/dulce de leche and microwave for 35 seconds (until it becomes slightly warm and spreadable). Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel over the Oreos.
- Lastly: Pour the brownie batter on top of the caramel-Oreo layer. Use a spatula to make sure it's even.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. It's OK if the knife has some brownie on it. It's easy to over-bake the cookie layer if left in the oven too long.
- Once out of the oven, heat up the caramel again as in step 5. With a spoon, lightly drizzle the caramel over the brownies. Sprinkle with the salt.
- *Note: Although you can scarf these right away (they'll be crumbly but delicious and gooey!), they actually get better with age. Let them rest for several hours for easier handling and serving.
- *Note: Prep time is reduced if using boxed/ready-made mixes.
The Cookanniek39 Buffalo, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!