Avocado & Bacon PizzaFrom champagnetime 8 months ago
- 1 unbaked pizza dough round, 10- to 12-inches in diameter (approx. 10 oz. of dough) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- basil – dried or fresh shopping list
- Spicy guacamole shopping list
- 5 oz. (1 1/4 cups) cheese of choice – I used 2 1/2 oz. each: mozzarella and white cheddar shopping list
- 3 slices cooked bacon, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 oz. (1/4 cup) fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°F. If you have a pizza stone or heavy griddle, put in the oven and preheat for a crispier crust. It’s best to allow the oven to heat for at least 45 minutes before adding your pizza.
- Roll or push your pizza dough out to the size you want and carefully transfer to bakng sheet or peel, if you are heating your pizza stone in the oven ahead of time.
- Brush dough with olive oil and sprinkle basil over. With a small spatula spread the guacamole on the dough (note: if the guacamole is too thick to spread easily, thin it out with a little liquid – water, wine, beer, etc.) followed by a layer of cheese. Sprinkle the top with chopped bacon, the Parmesan and lots of black pepper.
- Transfer to the baking stone in the oven or slide baking sheet with pizza on it into the oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes – checking at 8 minutes. The toppings should be bubbling and the crust a golden brown and if it has a few scorch marks – it’s perfect!
- Wine to drink with: 14 Hands, Hot to Trot and/or a blend of Chardonnay (49%), Pinot Gris (37%) & Riesling (20%) - such as Harbinger Winery's.
- Source: a Chef’s Journey recipe