Easy Cream Of Tomato SoupFrom midgelet 1 year ago
- 1 med onion chop shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1, 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1. 28 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large fresh ripe tomato diced shopping list
- 1 carton of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tbs dried Italian seasoning or basil shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2- 1 cup heavy cream or as desired shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pot combine all except the cream.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 20 minutes
- Stir in the cream for desired taste and consistency
- Hand blend if desired for a smoother soup, otherwise this will not be a smooth soup.
- Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Note: tastes even better the next day when flavors meld
- Garnish bowls with fresh basil leaves if desired