Oven-roasted, Bacon Wrapped Pork LoinFrom AuntBetty 11 months ago
- Preheat oven to 375F shopping list
- 1/2 pork loin (the large kind) shopping list
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- onion powder shopping list
- baby carrots shopping list
- 4-6 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- Gravy: shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can French onion soup shopping list
- 1 can mushroom pieces & stems * optional shopping list
- milk shopping list
How to make it
- Season meat with salt, lots of black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder on both sides. Place in greased 9x13" roasting pan or Pyrex dish. I just used spray oil. Lay the 4 pieces of bacon across the top of the loin.
- Add carrots and prepared potatoes around the meat. Bake at 375F and cover with foil after 1 hour. Cook pork about another hour to hour + 20 minutes to 170 degrees internal temperature. Remove from oven, let meat rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- To prepare Gravy: Just as you take the loin out of the oven, combine gravy ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Thin to your taste with milk. Serve on the side or drizzle over meat and potatoes when serving. Either way, it is delicious. And a side of bread and gravy is good soppin' as well!
- Serve with a beautiful salad, some toasty bread and you've got a perfect, easy meal.
The CookAuntBetty Dallas, Texas
- Not added to any groups yet!