Blueberry Egg BagelsFrom jo_jo_ba 3 months ago
- 2/3 cups warm water, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg dry active yeast shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 5 packets Pure Via Turbinado Raw Cane sugar and stevia blend (or 3 tbsp brown sugar) shopping list
- 3 cups whole wheat bread flour shopping list
- 2 tsp vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries, soaked in warm water and drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp malt syrup (or honey) shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine ¼ cup warm water, brown sugar and yeast. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat in remaining water, eggs and stevia.
- Add the flour, gluten, nutmeg, salt and blueberries and knead for 10 minutes.
- Cover and allow to rise 1 ½ hours.
- Punch dough down, divide into 8 pieces.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape each piece into a ring and set on a baking sheet. Cover with a towel and let rest while you prepare the water bath.
- Preheat oven to 400F, line 2 baking sheets with parchment or SilPat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add malt syrup.
- Place 2 bagels at a time into the water and let boil for 1 minute, flipping after 30 seconds.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon and place on the lined sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes, rotating pans after 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.