Roasted carrot ginger soup with lemon yogurtFrom vegalicious 9 years ago
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 2inch ginger, peeled and grated shopping list
- 500 grams carrots, washed, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 liter water shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp. turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp. ginger powder shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- for the yogurt shopping list
- 1&1/2 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 4 tbs. soy yogurt shopping list
- 1 tbs. corn syrup or fine sugar shopping list
- 4 tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250 (C).
- Put the sliced carrots and grated ginger in a baking dish and add a bit of (non flavorful) oil.
- Roast the carrots for about 1 hour, turning with a spoon once every fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the yogurt sauce.
- When the carrots are soft, saute the onion until glassy, add the garlic, ginger powder and turmeric.
- Add the coconut milk and then the roasted carrots and ginger.
- Puree the mixture. It will be a thick soup. If you prefer it thinner, add a bit of water.
- Season to taste with salt pepper and ginger.
- Serve the soup in a shallow bowl with a generous dollop of yogurt in the middle.
The Cookvegalicious Almere, NL
The Rating6 people
Great recipepsy333che in Long Branch loved it
This looks and sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try it!ttheriot in New Iberia loved it
This sound like a good recipe for the last of my carrots and mint before winter.I love anything savory with coconut.Yummmmdizzzykipper in Port Angeles loved it