Tofu KatsuFrom oliviajasonkim 12 months ago
How to make it
- 1. First drain the tofu of excess water, and place each piece on a board lined with several paper towels at an angle, set for 15~30 minutes. Or for faster usage, top the tofu with additional towels and slightly press each by hand.
- 2. Next, prepare the 3 shallow bowls big enough to fit tofu pieces and add panko breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, and flour. Bread the tofu by dredging it first in the flour mixture, then in the beaten egg (let excess drip off), and finally in the breadcrumbs. Pat the breadcrumbs on to help them adhere.
- 3. Fill a pan or skillet large enough to hold two tofu pieces with at least enough oil to submerge halfway. Heat the oil on medium for several minutes before adding the tofu pieces. To test if the oil is ready, throw in a few breadcrumbs and they should bubble immediately. Fry the tofu pieces until golden brown, turning over when evenly browned on both sides.
- 4. Carefully transfer the tofu slices to a plate lined with paper towels, and repeat the process for the remaining slices of tofu. Let the tofu set for a few minutes to cool before serving. Serve with katsu sauce for dipping and other side dishes if available.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!