PsarosoupaFrom despinap 6 months ago
- 1 kg fresh red snapper shopping list
- 1 onion; chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato; chopped shopping list
- salt; as needed shopping list
- 1 zucchini; peeled & chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot; peeled & chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1 potato; peeled & chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup Arborio or Carolina rice shopping list
- ground black pepper; to taste shopping list
- lemon juice; to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put fish, onion and tomato in a pot with enough water to cover them and bring to boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- When the fish is ready, strain and discard the vegetables from the the broth and return the broth to the pot.
- Debone the fish, reserving and setting aside the white meat.
- To the broth, add the zucchini, carrot, celery, potato and olive oil and cook until tender.
- In a blender, puree 1/3 of the reserved fish meat with all of the cooked vegetables and set aside.
- Add the rice to the broth and cook.
- When the rice is almost done, add the reserved puree and fish meat.
- Cook for and additional 1-2 minutes.
- Season with pepper and squeeze in lemon juice, as needed.
The Cookdespinap Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!