Maple - Sweetened Apple Fruit LeatherFrom jo_jo_ba 6 months ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Toss apples and maple syrup in a large casserole dish.
- Cover and roast for 2 hours, until apples are extremely soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add apples and any liquid to a food processor and puree completely, making sure peels are finely ground (alternatively you can run this through a food mill).
- Stir in cinnamon and salt and scrape back into the casserole dish.
- Re-cover and bake another hour, then remove the lid and bake a further 30-40 minutes, until very thick.
- Spread on parchment-lined dehydrator trays to about ⅛” thick and dehydrate for 6-8 hours, until pliable and slightly tacky. Turn off the dehydrator and let trays cool completely before moving*.
- Cut into strips and roll up. Keeps in an airtight container for 1-2 months.
- Spread mixture on rimmed cookie sheets lined with parchment and dry at 170F for 2-2 ½ hours, until only slightly tacky.
- Cool in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool to room temperature
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔