Zapple ButterFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix apples, zucchini and apple juice in a covered casserole
- Cover and bake for 2 hours, until very broken down.
- Allow to cool slightly, then run through a food mill to remove hard pieces of core and skin.
- Stir in cinnamon and add puree back to the casserole dish.
- Re-cover and bake another hour, then remove the lid and bake a further 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until dark brown and very thick.
- Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 6 months.
Note: if canning, add 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar after removing from heat and can 25 minutes in a waterbath
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze128 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Garden Harvest90 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Simple Vegan169 members
Good For Your Soul Food30 members
What Can I Do With It21 members