Apple Pie GranolaFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 3 ½ cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp cloves shopping list
- ½ tsp allspice shopping list
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple butter (I used “Zapple Butter”) shopping list
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (ideally grade B) shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- ½ cup diced dried apples shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment or SilPat.
- In a bowl, toss together the oats, wheat germ and spices.
- Add the apple butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt, stirring well to evenly coat everything.
- Spread in one even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then stir to break apart and bake a further 20-25 minutes until well browned and firm.
- Cool 10 minutes then fold in the dried apples and cool completely on the tray.