Beef Spinach And Arugula Hot DishFrom keni 1 year ago
- 2lbs ground beef(or venison, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork or any combo, etc) shopping list
- 1olive oil shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh spinach, roughly torn shopping list
- 2 cups fresh arugula shopping list
- 1- 1 1/2lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 4 clovers garlic, minced shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1T Dijon shopping list
- 1-2T beef base(optional) shopping list
- 2T arrowroot or corn starch or 4T flour shopping list
- 6-8oz goat cheese(a flavored one works great! I used garlic and herb) shopping list
- llil fresh or dry thyme or marjoram(I used fresh marjoram) shopping list
- l2 cups fried peppers or onions -- like these http://www.freshgourmet.com/FreshGourmet/Retail/product_details.asp?type=crunchy_toppings shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- potatoes or lightly toasted bread to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Cook ground meat in olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- As it starts to cook(I don't like to actually brown this), add butter, onion and garlic and cook another 5-7 minutes or so to cook meat through and soften onion.
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, beef base and a lil salt and pepper and cook until everything is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Using some of the liquid in the pan(or beef broth if not using the beef base!) combine arrowroot, corn starch or flour with it and make a slurry.
- Add to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring often, to thicken well.
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine spinach and arugula.
- Add goat cheese to the meat mixture and mix well to melt and combine.
- Remove from heat and pour the hot meat mixture over the greens.
- Stir well to partially wilt the greens.
- Pour into a deep 9X13 pan and top with the fried peppers.
- Bake in a 350 oven until heated through and peppers are golden brown(or golden browner than they already are. ;) Just don't let 'em burn) about 30 minutes.
- Serve over buttered oven toasted bread or potatoes.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!