Chile Verde Beef PicadilloFrom twill10 10 months ago
- http://www.hispanickitchen.com/profiles/blogs/chile-verde-beef-picadillo shopping list
- Chile Verde Beef Picadillo shopping list
- Yields up to 6 servings shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into strips shopping list
- 2 jalapeños sliced, or diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound ground-chuck beef shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika shopping list
- 4 tomatillos, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 cups, diced, cooked potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups roasted green chiles, sliced into strips or diced (Anaheim or New Mexico peppers) shopping list
- ¾ cup water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large pot, preheat the oil to medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the onions and jalapeños and cook for a good 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- 2. Move the veggies to the outer edge of pot and add the beef to the center. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and smoked paprika. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes until the beef gets a little bit of a crust on it. Drain out as much of the oil as you can.
- 3. While the beef is cooking, cook the tomatillos in the microwave for about 4 minutes. Add the tomatillos to the blender and blend until smooth. Add tomatillo sauce, cooked potatoes, roasted green chiles and water to the beef. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes or until the liquid reduces and it becomes thicker. Taste for salt. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Yields up to 6 servings.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!