Peppermint Patties (york Copycat)From labradors 2 years ago
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 8 ounces (about 1-1/3 cup) dark chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or waxed paper.
- 2. In a blender, cream together the sugar, butter, extracts, and cream on low speed.
- 3. Once combined, raise speed to medium-high and beat for an additional 1-2 minutes until mixture holds together very well and is creamy, not powdery.
- 4. If your kitchen is warm or your candy is too soft to roll, place it in the refrigerator to set for about 20 minutes.
- 5. Using a teaspoon, roll the candy into small balls and flatten them on the waxed paper with the palm of your hand. Repeat for remaining candies.
- 6. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- 7. Melt the chopped chocolate and the shortening in the microwave or over a double boiler, and stir until fully incorporated.
- 8. Using dipping tools or two dinner forks, dip the patties into the chocolate one by one. Drag them across the lip of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate, and replace them on the cookie sheet.
- 9. Once all chocolates are dipped, put them in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.