Strawberry RubiesFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
How to make it
- Stir together the berries and the vanilla sugar in a bowl. Cover and let stand overnight.
- Place a colander over a saucepan and pour the macerated berries into it, capturing the syrup in the pot See Photo. Set the berries aside over the bowl.
- Add the superfine sugar and lemon zest to the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the drained strawberries and any accumulated juices to the pot, stir gently and return the mixture to a boil.
- Boil, stirring often, for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Immediately pour into a glass square baking dish and cool to room temperature. See Photo
- Cover dish with plastic and set aside overnight.
- In the morning, return the berries and syrup to the pot, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes (until the mixture reaches 220F or the jelly point).
- Ladle the hot jam into a clean jar, leaving a ¼” headspace, and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!