Greek Quinoa And Avocado SaladFrom twill10 3 years ago
- Thx to Better Homes and Gardens shopping list
- Greek quinoa and avocado Salad shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained* shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion (1 small) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- spinach leaves shopping list
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced** shopping list
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 1-1/2-quart saucepan combine quinoa and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl. Add tomato, spinach, and onion; stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt. Add to quinoa mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Place spinach leaves on 4 salad plates. Arrange avocado slices on spinach leaves. Spoon quinoa mixture over avocado slices. Sprinkle with some of the feta. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- From the Test Kitchen
- •Rinse quinoa thoroughly before cooking to remove a bitter substance called saponin that coats the seeds.
- •Brush avocado slices with additional lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Nutrition Facts (Greek Quinoa and Avocado Salad)
- Servings Per Recipe 4,cal. (kcal) 332,Fat, total (g) 24,chol. (mg) 11,sat. fat (g) 5,carb. (g) 27,fiber (g) 8,pro. (g) 7,vit. A (IU) 2235,vit. C (mg) 22,sodium (mg) 457,calcium (mg) 111,iron (mg) 3,Vegetables () 1,Starch () 2,Fat () 5,Mark as Free Exchange () 0,Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!