Tasty Reuben BurgerFrom chicago07gal 2 months ago
- 2 cans (15.5-ounces each) pinto beans, drained, liquid reserved, shopping list
- 1 can left whole, 1 can fork-mashed shopping list
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. each: coarsely ground pepper and garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 Tbs. prepared cocktail sauce shopping list
- 6 good quality whole wheat hamburger buns shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive or canola oil shopping list
- 6 thin slices swiss cheese (4 1/2 ounces)\ shopping list
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix beans, breadcrumbs, eggs, pepper and garlic in a medium bowl adding enough bean liquid for mixture to hold together without being wet. Divide into 6 equal portions and flatten into 4-inch patties. Mix mayonnaise and cocktail sauce; set aside.
- 2. Warm buns in a 300-degree oven, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook, turning only once, until a crisp brown crust forms on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Top burgers with cheese slices, cover skillet, turn heat to low and let burgers continue to cook until cheese melts.
- 3. Spread cut side of each roll with the sauce. Set burger on bun bottom, top with sauerkraut, cap with bun top and serve.
The Cookchicago07gal Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!