Apple Raisin ConserveFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 5 large apples, peeled and diced shopping list
- ½ cup raisins shopping list
- ¼ cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cups sugar with added pectin (i.e. Quickset for jam) shopping list
- ¼ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla shopping list
- ½ cup chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the apples, raisins and lemon juice in a large pot and to a brisk simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk together the sugar and spices and stir into the apple mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and almonds.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.